Christmas time is one of my most favorite times of the year because it is magical. Christmas is magical for kids and adults alike. There are so many great things to do and see during this time of year. I want to share with you, our Christmas Bucket List. Things that we love to do that add to the Christmas magic and fun time spent together.
Christmas Bucket List
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Maybe include some of these bucket list items in your Christmas Advent. Advent calendars don’t have to be all about sweets, though we do like sweets.
These are the things that are on our Christmas bucket list, they are on our bucket list every year. These are our most favorite things to do that I think you might enjoy doing with your family too. Christmas Day cannot come without us watching our favorite movies, The Santa Clause in particular.
At Home Christmas Bucket List Ideas
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Write a letter to Santa
- Decorate a gingerbread house – I love letting my kids go crazy when they decorate out gingerbread
- Read a Christmas book before bed
- Watch the Polar Express
- Light a Christmas scented candle
- Play a board game – I had no idea that there was a Christmas-opoly!
- Curl up and watch a movie with a soft blanket
- Read a book by the fire -check out our favorite kids Christmas books
- Watch The Santa Clause
- Watch Elf
- Do a random act of kindness
- Bake and decorate cookies
- Make a Christmas craft
- Send holiday cards – my kids love to help write out the addresses, and when younger, adding the stamps was their big, important, job
- Wrap gifts – let your kids help wrap presents, even if it is just adding bows or gift tags
- Watch Home Alone
- Cuddle by a fire
Outside Bucket List Ideas
- Go sledding
- Drink hot chocolate
- Drive around looking a Christmas lights
- Build a snowman
- Go for a winter walk
- Go see Santa
Looking for something magical to do with your kids this Christmas season? One thing my kids have never forgotten is growing our own candy canes at Christmas time. They loved the magic of it.