Pork chops are not usually something I make. I tend to leave it to my husband to make them but when he’s away, someone needs to feed the kids, right? These Cajun spiced pork chops were so easy, and so quick to make that I have to share them with you.
Cajun Spiced Pork Chops
This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.
Not everyone wants to spend all afternoon cooking no matter how much time you might have for cooking, I know I don’t. We have probably been spending way too much time watching TV and movies, but we have been doing to together and watching some educational programs. It’s all about balance.
Ingredients you need:
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- crushed red pepper flakes – optional but amazing
- olive oil
- boneless pork chops
What you need to do:
Mix together the dry ingredients. Once mix together, pour them onto a plate so you can easily coat both sides of your pork chops in the seasoning.
On medium heat, heat your olive oil in a stainless steel pan. Once the oil is hot, add your pork chops. I only turned my pork chops once while cooking because I wanted that nice crisp coating.
(This is the stainless steel set of pots and pans that we have. I wish we had bought them years before because there is nothing like them. They come clean like a dream with Bar Keepers Friend.)
The length of time it takes to cook your pork chops will depend on how thick your pork chops are, but for me it took about 4 minutes per side. I took them off when they reached a temperature of 145.
I served our Cajun spiced pork chops with a side of potato salad because I am needing Spring, and salads, and BBQs. While most of us love potato salad here, but a certain wild child doesn’t like eggs and won’t eat potato salad, so she had a side of white rice.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers, optional
- 6 pork chops, boneless
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Once mix together, pour them onto a plate so you can easily coat both sides of your pork chops in the seasoning.
- On medium heat, heat your olive oil in a stainless steel pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add your pork chops. Try to only flip the pork chops once while cooking to get the nice crisp coating.
- The length of time it takes to cook your pork chops will depend on how thick your pork chops are, roughly 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat when they reach a temperature of 145.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g