That sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied, but there isn’t much in the cupboard, and certainly nothing that you actually want to eat. Do you know that feeling? That feeling is what lead us to these granola squares, chocolate granola squares that is. This are amazing, right up there with some of my favorite brownie recipes, only these are easier to make.
Chocolate Granola Squares
*This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
We had chocolate chips, thank you Costco, these huge bags are great. We also had a bag of granola thanks to Kellogg’s – we used Dark Chocolate Coconut nourish granola. Due to my darling daughter having a similar addiction I did as a child (teen, and adult) to peanut butter we also had that. Three ingredients is all this recipe takes. It’s not often I write that.
- 1.5 cup Chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups granola – we used Kellogg’s Dark Chocolate Coconut nourish granola
How to make Chocolate Granola Squares:
You’re first step is to cover a square 8X8 pan with wax paper, make sure it is completely covered, over hanging a bit so you can lift the squares out later.
Now melt half your chocolate chips and spread over the bottom of your pan. Refrigerate until set.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, granola and stir until smooth. Scrape the mixture into the pan and flatten to an even layer.
Spread the remaining (melted) chocolate chips on top and refrigerate until set. Unmold and cut into bars.
I dare you to try and let this just sit in your fridge. If you can though, they are good for about a week there. But there is no way they they are going to last that long… trust me, these chocolate granola squares are going to be calling your name.
- 1.5 Cup Chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups granola - we used Kellogg's Dark Chocolate Coconut nourish granola
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper so that there is overhang on 2 sides. Spread half of the melted chocolate chips in the pan and refrigerate just until set.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, granola and stir until smooth. Scrape the mixture into the pan and flatten to an even layer. Spread the remaining melted chocolate chips on top and refrigerate until set. Unmold and cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g